Green Campus Policy
Green campus initiatives refer to sustainability policies and programs that educational institutions adopt in order to reduce their environmental effect, encourage sustainability, and establish a more eco-friendly and healthy campus community.
- Green campus programs aim to achieve several objectives such as sustainable transportation, biodiversity, energy efficiency, water conservation, trash reduction and recycling, and green areas.
- To teach students to be future leaders in sustainability and environmental stewardship,
- To improve the educational environment and make it more ecologically conscious.
Practical Principles –
- ADK’s campus is home to a different variety of endogenous plants and trees. The institution has a collection of multiple medicinal plants which makes it a garden of medicinal plants.
- Plant saplings in the gardening areas of the campus, planting saplings in the public places, cleaning the public places and creating awareness among the public.
- A green club is formed which conducts green activities.
- The institution has eco-friendly architecture. Sunlight spreads very well here and campus is very airy too. This is the reason a good quantity of electricity has been saved.
- Single used plastic is banned campus. Using of steel dishes, teapots and glasses in canteen has been promoted.
- ADK provides good quality training to its House-keeping staffs.
- We have a pedestrian-friendly pathway.
- A municipal garden in front of college gives an extension to its landscaping with trees and plants.
- We have college social media handles- Instagram, YouTube and Facebook chain, which helps to make our campus paperless.
- NSS department enhances environment sustainability and cleanliness through multiple tasks within its working hour’s e.g. prepares paper bags and distributes them around and cleaning beaches before and after Ganpati festival.
- ADK cultural Committee celebrates Green day, Earth day and Greening our future day in its campus.
- Trying to keep Mumbai by conducting seminar ‘Green Mumbai initiative’.
Educate Students Go Green :-
- Use reusable water bottle with you,
- Unplug: curtail energy usage,
- Watch your water uses,
- Use the LED desk light for study,
- Walk as much you can etc.