Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the B.M.S. Degree Course shall have passed H.S.C. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination or Diploma in any Engineering branches with two years or three years duration after S.S.C. conducted by the Board of Technical Education, Maharashtra State or its equivalent examination by securing minimum 45% marks for general category (in one attempt) at the respective Examination and minimum 40% marks for the reserved category (in one attempt).
No college shall conduct any entrance test in any form and the admissions are purely based on merit duly following the reservation policy as per the norms of the Government of Maharashtra. While drawing the merit list, weightage has to be given to students from Arts, Commerce and Science Stream at the 12th standard level. The streamwise weight-age to be given is as under :
Must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination with vocational subjects/minimum competency-based vocational course conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
Must have passed an examination of another University or Body recognized as equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) Examination.
The applications are to be accepted and processed by the colleges streamwise separately and the merit list is to be displayed streamwise taking into account the reservation policy prescribed by the Government of Maharashtra.
- The merit list is to be prepared and displayed streamwise.
- In case if no applications are received under the “Diploma in Engineering and other Category” or if the seats remain vacant in “Diploma in Engineering and other Category” after all the merit lists/forms are exhausted, the vacant seats must be transferred to Commerce Stream.
- In case if no application is received from any stream the vacant seats are to be distributed equally between the remaining two streams only.
- After the first merit list is displayed, if any seat allotted to one stream remains vacant, the same shall be distributed equally between the remaining two streams. In case of a vacancy in one stream is of single/odd number of seats, the single seat is to be allotted to the Commerce Stream. In case if no applications are available from the two streams, then all the vacant seats of such two streams must be transferred to the third stream.
- Step (4) be repeated for the subsequent merit lists till all the forms are exhausted or the final merit list is displayed, whichever is earlier